Arduino.lk is committed to protecting your privacy and being as clear as possible with customers about what is done with their data. We will only use the information that we collect about you lawfully (in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998) and according to the Which? Web Trader Code of Practice. The personal information which we hold will be held securely in accordance with our internal security policy and the law and the Which? Web Trader Code.
Personal Information may be collected about your when you:
- Register an account on our website
- Make a purchase on our website
- Contact us
Personal information is collected so as to:
- provide you with products and services that you may request from us
- enhance or improve customers’ experience of our products and our website
- protect security e.g. to check your identity when you use our website
- meet our legal and regulatory obligations
The type of information we may collect about you includes:
- your name, address, email address, telephone number(s) and other contact details
- your company’s name, the company’s address, company’s email address and telephone number
- products purchased or enquiried about
Customers’ personal information may be provided to:
- Arduino.lk employees
- Selected third parties
services are provided together with a business partner and it is
necessary to disclose the information to them in order to process your
- to request reviews of the products and services provided
- for the prevention of fraud
- for the purposes of identity verification
- where services are provided together with a business partner and it is necessary to disclose the information to them in order to process your order
third parties (including the police, law enforcement agencies, credit
reference and fraud prevention agencies and other bodies) to protect our
or another person’s rights, property, or safety e.g.
- to exchange information to protect against fraud and to reduce payment risks
- in connection with the prevention and detection of crime.
Arduino.lk may be required to disclose certain personal information because it is required by law or for the purposes of legal proceedings.
We are committed to keeping customers’ personal information secure to protect it from being inappropriately or accidentally accessed, used, shared or destroyed, and against it being lost.
Arduino.lk will only retain customers’ personal information for as long as it needs it to carry out a particular purpose or meet a particular obligation.
Keeping Personal information accurate
Arduino.lk will ensure that personal information is kept accurate and up to date as far as is reasonably possible. However, Arduino.lk relies on customers to ensure that some of the information it holds about them is accurate and up-to-date. We encourage customers to inform us of any changes to their information (e.g. by updating your account details on our website).
Access to personal information
We provide registered customers with access to their personal information and the opportunity to amend and update their details or preferences (including consent to receive marketing communications) in order to keep the information up-to-date and accurate.
- Information provided
You can see the information you have provided to us through the registration process by accessing the ‘Account’ section of the Arduino.lk website. You can also use this section to change or delete this information including any consent you have provided to receive marketing communications.
- Requesting a copy of your information
You can request details of personal information held about you, including on our websites’ databases, by contacting us (see ‘Contact Sales’).
Requests must be made in writing. Proof of identification is required in order to protect your information. We also require sufficient details to be able to locate your information. For example, dates and details of the products or services that you have used.
customer may allow us to provide them with information about our
products and services which may be of interest to them. We will only do
this with customer consent.
You agree to receive marketing information from us about our products and services by choosing this on your registration form.
Links to other websites
Our website includes links to other sites. We will make every effort to provide links to high quality, reputable sites but are not responsible for their privacy practices, site content, or the services they offer.